Trip of a lifetime

>> Sunday, July 3, 2011

First meeting of Emily and her great-great-grandmother Cline.
Emily is blessed enough to have TWO great-great grandmothers. Last weekend we made the trip to visit my great-grandmother Cline. My mom, Mitch, Ryan,  Emily, and Lucy joined me on a trip I will never forget. We left at 2:30 AM. Emily fell right back asleep, and so did I. We woke up at 4:45 in The Gorge. It was breathtaking. Ryan parked the truck at a spot that overlooked The Gorge with us facing the sun that was rising. I nursed Emily while Ryan and Lucy went for a little walk. Emily went right back to sleep and we were once again on our way.


We arrived just in time for a shower my mom's friends put on for us. It was intimate and lovely. Later that day we went to see my great-grandma Cline. She is 97, witty, and just as lovely as I remembered her to be. She was so excited to meet Emily. My great-grandma Cline is the mother of my mom's mom. Five generations between her and I. My grandma died in a car accident in 2001. I wish she could have met Emily.
Five Generations

We visited for a couple hours and then went to visit my grandpa. It was a lot of visiting, but Emily did wonderful. We finally got to bed at 11:30 that night. We left at 9 the next morning to come home. The drive home was just as positive as the ride there. Emily successfully completed her first road trip!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP