Oh my...

>> Thursday, August 12, 2010

I blazed through The Color Purple and Invisible. I have decided to not write on my reading experience of the The Color Purple beyond this statement: I started it, took a short hiatus, started it again, and finished it in four hours. It is what it is.

As for Invisible, I can't wait gush. I'm meeting with my other reading half tomorrow to discuss, eat, and discuss some more about this virgin experience with Paul Auster. I can't wait to read more of what he has to offer. I want to sink into my new memory foam mattress topper with an Auster novel immediately. Can you guess how much I enjoyed this novel?

I'm starting another novel today, Half the Sky. It will be a dramatic change from what I have been reading as of late, however, I'm ready for a dose of reality. After reading Auster's Invisible, it's hard to decipher between fact and fiction, reality and the imagination. Ahhh, what a treat summer is.

Happy Wednesday... or is it Thursday?

2 comments:

Astrid (Mrs.B) August 12, 2010 at 5:04 PM  

I'm a big, big fan of Paul Auster. I thought Invisible was not his best and maybe it's because the incest really turned me off. I understand why you're gushing though if this is your first Auster. You have only better books to look forward to!

Shantel S. August 12, 2010 at 6:36 PM  

Thank you for commenting, Mrs.B! I will touch on my feelings about the incest in my next post about the novel. I have two older brothers (withing three years of age) and I found part II interesting...to say the least.

Post a Comment

My Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP