The Garden and Other Happenings

>> Friday, May 21, 2010

Ryan and I successfully planted our first garden yesterday afternoon. We have a great variety of tomatoes, peppers, strawberries, rhubarb, raspberries, cucumbers, honeydew, and cantaloupe. We also planted some leeks, red onion, and Walla Walla sweet onions. I'm sure I'm forgetting a few important veggies that we will hopefully be enjoying in the near future, but you get the idea. With that said, some of you may be receiving calls to come get some home-grown goodness before it goes bad.

This last weekend Ryan and I went to Hoodsport with the usual suspects from the Yellow House. We had a great time and love time spent with friends in the water and top side. We enjoyed crab, oysters, and shrimp from right out front of the Yellow House caught by us. It was so delicious.

I'm still waiting to hear about a job. Truth is, I'm going crazy. I want a teaching job in the Fall so bad it hurts. I'll continue to be patient and hope for the best. It always seems to work out. The good news is that Ryan and I have succeeded in making the summer a good one already. We have been so busy and productive around the house that we can't seem to stop.

I truly feel so blessed for my family, friends, and all we have. Life is so good.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP