Winding down

>> Tuesday, June 15, 2010

School is winding down. I have finished all my coursework for my certification, and I only have three days of class left. I then present my research (702 project) for my Master's degree. I love the feeling of finishing, but am adjusting to the reality of no longer being a student, sigh, and entering the "real world". I know I will always be a "student", but it will be a change for me.

Also big news, I am going to be an aunt! Ryan's brother and wife are expecting their first child this Christmas. We are so excited!

I have a feeling this year will bring many things to be thankful and excited for. The roller coaster of landing a teaching position continues, however, hopes are high this week. Next week could be a different story.

For now, my thoughts are on my research. I'm discovering the effects of integrating art into an English classroom. So far, so good. The best part: all evidence collected is from the students I taught. I've been gathering surveys, interviews, and examples of their work. This means I get to visit the school. Hopefully, I won't be just a visitor next year:-).

2 comments:

Cassie June 15, 2010 at 5:35 PM  

Congrats! You are just about finished, and I can only imagine what that must feel like! It sounds like things are looking mighty fine on the horizon. Awesome. I can't wait to hear how it all pans out!

Shantel S. June 21, 2010 at 10:13 AM  

Thank you, Cassie. It feels pretty good. Now, I just need to finish this darn 702...sweet procrastination.

Post a Comment

My Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP